Saturday, October 11, 2008

Installed the Valve Asssembly



This weekend I installed the valve assembly [valves, valve seals, valve springs]into the cylinder heads.

To do this I needed to find a way to compress the valve springs enough so the 'keepers' would fit into the retainer washers. The clearance between the valve springs and the side of the valve is so close that my valve spring compressor would not fit, nor could I find one on the internet or locally that would work either.

So what I did was use a c-clamp to compress the spring, then used cable ties to hold the spring in a compressed state. Although it took quite a while to install the 16 valves, the cable tie method worked better than I had expected....and I didn't spend all day trying to find a valve spring compressor that could work in such close quarters.

No comments: