Friday, October 3, 2008

Removing the engine components


The next evening after work, I began removing the external engine compoents. I started with the power steering pump, then removed the alternator and a/c compressor. Then, I removed the intake manifold and its various fuel injection hoses and wiring.

I did take some pictures during the removal process, but maybe I could have taken more. Luckily I will be installing the power steering pump, alternator, a/c compressor, intake manifold, fuel injection components, etc., that are on the Subaru engine that is currently in the Vanagon. [This is because there are some differences between what's on Japanese and US models]. I spent several hours marking the hoses, lines and wires that are on the engine in the Vanagon, so I think it should turn out fine.

No comments: