Saturday, September 20, 2008

Engine arrives, but it's not the right one!!


The engine arrived, strapped to a shipping pallet. Tt looked great, but soon I noticed that it was a 2.0 engine, which is not common in the US [except for the turbo version, which this one was not], instead of the 2.2 engine I ordered

Initially the seller wanted to refund me part of the money if I would keep the 2.0. However I know that modern engines have so many computer controls that may or may not function in other configurations. Therefore I stuck to my guns and insisted that I get the engine I ordered.

The seller had to eat the cost of shipping the 2.0 back to the Midwest, then shipping the 2.2 engine to me. This obviously was not the happiest of solutions for him, but I did help him out by bringing the 2.0 engine to the shipper's loading doc, and going there again when the 2.2 arrived. That saved him having to pay the shippers come to my house for the pickup and drop off. Also, I sent him pictures of where the engines' identifying marks are located, so in the future he or his crew will not be confused by which models of these similar-looking engines they have.

This did eat up an extra week of time, but it was an honest mistake and the seller did his part to rectify it. Therefore I gave him a good ebay rating without any mention of the mixup.

No comments: